This week the annual Facebook Developer Conference is finishing up in San Francisco. The conference is directed towards developers, but invariably those changes affect branding, publishers, and marketers. Here is a quick summary of 5 things Facebook announced at the conference.
- Share Sheet – an app that makes targeted and predictable mobile posts
- Facebook Messenger – several changes that affect social-mobile commerce (for example, a brand can use the app to have direct contact wtih customers). Others changes could make Facebook Messenger a competitor to apps like Snapchat.
- GIFs – Brands will now be able to share animation/GIFs (they couldn’t before).
- Mobile app installs – new Analytics feature will give more information about apps to marketers.
- 360-degree clips – video clips that are shot with 24 cameras – similar to Google Street View
View the full story here: http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/5-big-things-marketers-need-know-facebooks-developer-conference-163677.